Wednesday 18 June 2008

Leon Jackson: 'Cheryl Cole Will be Fantastic On The X Factor'

X FactorX Factor winner Leon Jackson thinks Cheryl Cole will be a hit as Sharon Osbourne's
">replacement on the hit ITV show.


The Scottish singer, who won last year's series of the TV talent contest, was given two hugs from the Girls Aloud star to calm his nerves during the show.


Jackson reckons Cole, who started filming for the show in London yesterday, will offer help and hugs to the group she'll be mentoring as part of her role.


He tells Scotland's Daily Record newspaper, "I think Cheryl will be fantastic on The X Factor, she's a great addition to the judging panel.


"I met Cheryl when she was a guest mentor with me on the program last year and she was really lovely.


"She gave me some great advice about the industry and even said she had voted for me.


"She's got a big heart and will be perfect for the acts she is mentoring. It can be nerve-wracking and she'll do all she can to help."


Leon was an 18-year-old shop worker when he had to sing in front of Girls Aloud in November last year.


After the performance, Cheryl told him, "It's a horrible feeling.


"I watch you every week and you're amazing but when you try to talk to the judges, your lips always stick together. I always really feel for you."




See Also